Year

Ramblings on life, school and whatever gets stuck in my mind

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Technology Craze

With light of my boyfriend going back to school to finish his IT degree, I'm really starting to get into more technological endeavors. My library system offers a "university" for county employees. So once I'm finished with the current acting program, I'm going to start taking classes to be a certified "Information Generalist". Which just means I know how to safely surf the internet and can help people with Microsoft Office 2010. Wohoo- resume builder.

On off-desk time, I'm taking HTML classes through codecademy.com. Although more information fields rely on XML, SQL, or RUBY- I thought I would give HTML a try. I know I need to learn EAD for archives, but I'll get there. So far:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title style="color:purple">Reasons I'm Doing This</title>
</head>
<body>
<p>
These are my reasons for choosing HTML
</p>
<ol>
<li>It's free</li>
<li> It's a resume booster</li>
<li> I'm crazy</li>
</ol>
</body>
<html>

Future plans: Fix my laptop Bojangles- he needs a new fan. Play around with Linux some more. Make Bojangles a server. Move the Ware Neck collection from Omeka.net to Omeka.org with Bojangles as the mainframe. I wonder if I can do all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment